Lawn Boys Falls To Angels After Eighth Inning Score
- Lawn Boys lost the lead late in a 4-3 defeat to Angels on Sunday. The game was tied at three with Angels batting in the bottom of the eighth when Gary Nevala singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Lawn Boys lost despite out-hitting Angels nine to five.
- Angels opened up scoring in the first inning. Spencer Bauer drew a walk, scoring one run.
- Lawn Boys knotted the game up at three in the top of the sixth inning. An error scored one run for Lawn Boys.
- Lawn Boys put up three runs in the sixth inning. Lawn Boys batters contributing to the big inning included Nick Bower and Alex Cooney, who each had RBIs in the inning.
- Oscar Yanez earned the win for Angels. The ace went three innings, allowing zero runs on four hits, striking out two and walking one. Yanez recorded the last nine outs to earn the save for Angels.
- Dan April took the loss for Lawn Boys. April lasted four innings, allowing one hit and one run while striking out seven.
- Jeremy Johanski started the game for Angels. The hurler surrendered three runs on five hits over six innings, striking out five and walking one Ian Andrews started the game for Lawn Boys. The righty went four innings, allowing three runs on four hits and striking out four
- Lawn Boys saw the ball well today, racking up nine hits in the game. Scott Johnson, Hunter Maroni, and Caleb White all managed multiple hits for Lawn Boys. White, Maroni, and Johnson each collected two hits to lead Lawn Boys.
- Nevala went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Angels in hits.