Lawn Boys Defeats Muskrats Despite Allowing 3-Run Inning
- Even though Lawn Boys gave up three runs in the ninth inning, they still defeated Muskrats 10-4 on Sunday. The big inning for Muskrats came thanks to singles by Alex Martinson and Luke Stoinski and a sacrifice fly by Levi Kaip.
- Lawn Boys fired up the offense in the first inning. Lawn Boys scored two runs when Caleb White homered.
- Lawn Boys put up three runs in the seventh inning. Alex Cooney and Ben Anderson each had RBIs in the big inning.
- Ian Andrews was credited with the victory for Lawn Boys. The righty went six innings, allowing one run on three hits and striking out 13. Jake Byers and Paul Hendrickson entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Patrick Barron took the loss for Muskrats. The pitcher went six innings, allowing seven runs on nine hits and striking out three.
- Lawn Boys tallied two home runs on the day. White had a homer in the first inning. Cooney went deep in the seventh inning.
- Lawn Boys collected 13 hits on the day. Cooney, Diego Villalobos, Scott Johnson, and Hendrickson all managed multiple hits for Lawn Boys. Hendrickson, Johnson, Villalobos, and Cooney each managed two hits to lead Lawn Boys. Lawn Boys didn’t commit a single error in the field. Garrison Draves had 18 chances in the field, the most on the team.
- Muskrats scattered ten hits in the game. Adam Israel, Eric Morgan, and Martinson all collected multiple hits for Muskrats.