Angels Captures Lead Early To Defeat Lawn Boys
- Lawn Boys fell behind early and couldn’t come back in a 10-2 loss to Angels on Sunday. Angels scored on a error in the first inning and a single by Jimmy Carrington in the second inning.
- The Lawn Boys struggled to contain the high-powered offense of Angels, giving up ten runs.
- Angels got on the board in the first inning. An error scored one run for Angels.
- Angels scored three runs in the fourth inning. Brian Allen, Carrington, and Brad Simon all drove in runs in the frame.
- Jake Byers led things off on the mound for Lawn Boys. The hurler went three innings, allowing two runs on five hits and striking out five. Trevor Meier, Caleb White, and Scott Johnson each contributed in relief for Lawn Boys.
- Byers started the game for Lawn Boys. Byers allowed five hits and two runs over three innings, striking out five
- Lawn Boys collected ten hits. Hunter Maroni and Johnson each collected multiple hits for Lawn Boys. Johnson and Maroni each collected two hits to lead Lawn Boys.
- Angels tallied 14 hits. Josh McDearmon, Carrington, Allen, Simon, and Doug Wolf each racked up multiple hits for Angels. McDearmon went 4-for-4 at the plate to lead Angels in hits.