Lawn Boys Defeats Jobu Despite Allowing 3-Run Inning
- Lawn Boys weathered a scare by Jobu in the fourth inning where Lawn Boys coughed up three runs, but Lawn Boys still won 9-4 on Saturday. Spencer Hesse and Ralph Kalal all contributed in the big inning with RBIs.
- Lawn Boys evened things up at three in the bottom of the fourth inning. An error scored one run for Lawn Boys.
- Lawn Boys pulled away for good with five runs in the fifth inning. In the fifth Howard Hardee singled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run, Owen Christenson singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run, and Jim Malewitz singled on a 1-1 count, scoring two runs.
- Trevor Meier was on the hill for Lawn Boys. The fireballer went six innings, allowing three runs on seven hits and striking out six.
- Andy Bergh was on the mound for Jobu. The hurler surrendered five runs on seven hits over four innings, striking out four and walking one. Kalal and James Klintworth entered the game from the bullpen, throwing two innings and two innings respectively.
- Lawn Boys saw the ball well today, racking up 15 hits in the game. Bryant Przybilla, Christenson, Alex Cooney, Hardee, Malewitz, and Scott Johnson each collected multiple hits for Lawn Boys. Christenson and Przybilla all had three hits to lead Lawn Boys.
- Bergh led Jobu with three hits in three at bats.