Lawn Boys Overcomes Blue Jays In Face Of Early 7-Run Inning
- Despite allowing seven runs in the first inning, Lawn Boys defeated Blue Jays 20-7 on Sunday. Blue Jays offense in the inning was led by Tyler Drost, Keefer Macy, Tyler Albany, Edwin Torres, Wise, and Seth Braddock, all sending runners across the plate with RBIs in the inning.
- Bats blistered as Lawn Boys collected 21 hits and Blue Jays tallied 12 in the high-scoring game.
- Blue Jays took an early lead in the first inning. Blue Jays scored one run when Macy singled.
- Lawn Boys took the lead for good with two runs in the fourth inning. In the fourth Lawn Boys scored on a stolen base during Bryant Przybilla‘s at bat. Then Przybilla singled and Isaac LaRonge singled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run.
- Lawn Boys put up seven runs in the fifth inning. Howard Hardee, Nick Bower, Scott Johnson, Przybilla, LaRonge, and Anthony Wussow powered the big inning with RBIs.
- Trevor Meier led the Los Banditos to victory on the hill. The fireballer surrendered zero runs on four hits over four and a third innings, striking out five and walking zero. Jared Cline and Ian Andrews entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Albany took the loss for Blue Jays. The hurler went four and two-thirds innings, allowing 15 runs on 17 hits and striking out four.
- Jake Byers started the game for Lawn Boys. The pitcher allowed seven hits and seven runs over two-thirds of an inning, striking out one
- Lawn Boys socked two home runs on the day. Alex Cooney had a four bagger in the third inning. Zach Peek had a homer in the sixth inning.
- Lawn Boys scattered 21 hits in the game. LaRonge, Bower, Przybilla, Wussow, Cooney, Johnson, and Owen Christenson each had multiple hits for Los Banditos. Wussow, Przybilla, Bower, and LaRonge each managed three hits to lead Lawn Boys. Lawn Boys stole eight bases during the game as three players stole more than one. Bower led the way with three.
- Blue Jays had 12 hits in the game. Drost and Braddock all managed multiple hits for Blue Jays. Drost led Blue Jays with three hits in four at bats.